Spring has sprung! Lately we have been having some decent weather here in Kentucky, until today, where it is superrrr cold! I am in a jacket literally as I am writing this. But regardless of the temperature it is still technically spring, so I decided to make a cute spring door hanger.
Keep in mind you can customize this birdhouse in colors of your choice and a quote or name of your choice. It is a super simple project but let me disclaim that of course saws are very dangerous and you should definitely seem professional help with the cutting of this project if you are not experienced with saws. I did teach myself how to use my saw but keep in mind it is very dangerous, do so with caution!
Birdhouse Template: HERE
Make sure to check out my video below, go Subscribe to my Youtube Channel and like the video if you like this project.
Thank you guys for stopping by for a great Spring craft project! I hope you liked this and if ya did don’t forget to come back soon! Later Tater!
Hey there sunshine! Today I am going to be showing you a video tutorial of how I made a super simple Elmo cake that I am telling you, anyone can do…even YOU! Yes you the one who says you can’t decorate a cake to save your life. If I can do it, you can do it! It is sooo easy you will be wondering why you haven’t made one sooner!
Things you will need:
- 2 Cake Layers (I used 6 inch but you can make it any size)
- Fondant (In colors black, white, and orange)
- Red Buttercream
- Cake Board
- Grass Tip & Piping Bag
- spatula for smoothing crumb coat
- Simple Syrup Bottle & Simple Syrup (optional) See How I made my super cheap DIY Simple syrup bottle HERE
This is a super easy cake! So Let’s do this!
Make sure to check out my Youtube Channel & Subscribe to see all my videos as soon as I upload them! Hit the thumbs up button, and follow me on my social media!!
Thank YOU for stopping by, I hope you like this! Later Tater!
Hey guys, welcome back to my poorly written blog! Today I am showing you guys a Cricut project I recently made and has been a hit! This is completely customizable and has a lot of thought which means it is a GREAT gift idea! I am completely dissapointed in how awful I have been with keeping up my blog but I have just been so swamped with work and everything, sooo here’s my excuse and here I am! LOL. Sorry there will be no picture tutorial, only video this time around cause again I repeat, the time swamp thing! Sorry guys, I’ll try and do better.
Check out my video below, go Subscribe to my channel. Don’t forget to hit that pretty thumbs up button and leave a nice comment 🙂
Thank you guys for stopping by my blog! I hope you guys enjoy your time here and be sure to check back soon for some more fun!
*Secret hint: Next week, there will be a new CAKE going up! Make sure ya come back and don’t miss it*
I admit it, I am an addict! A COFFEE ADDICT! I drink coffee on the daily, every.single.day! I wonder if its genetic because my parents, are also a part of the coffee addict community. If you are a coffee drinker then you probably more then likely have the coffee mug cabinet, we all have one, don’t lie! I have so many coffee mugs that I have a cabinet dedicated just for my coffee mugs. So I thought, what if I displayed some of my pretty mugs, and cleaned out a little space in my cabinet! GENIUS! So I have made cute coffee mug holder that I can hang on the wall or side of the cabinet to display some of the prettier coffee mugs in my collection.
Things you will need:
- Wood! (in size of your choice, mine is 1ftx2ft bout 1/4 inch thick)
- Spray Paint & Acrylic Paint (colors of your choice)
- Sand Paper
- Sawtooth hook kit
- Mug Hooks
- Quote printed on paper & Pin
- Paint for quote + Brushes
- Sealant or top coat
- Painters Tape
Lets Do This!
- First off we are going to prep our wood. If yours needs sanded go ahead and sand it, mine didnt need sanded so I started off with a spray paint coat of white! Let Dry!
- Now paint your main coat, I wanted a streaky, worn, rustic look, so I was kind of sloppy with this layer! I just used a large paint brush and some dark red acrylic paint. Let Dry!
- Now I’m using a piece of sand paper and just lightly sanding to sand of a little of the red paint to expose some of the white, to give it a worn look.
- Once you have the look you want, tape your quote or graphic where you want it using some painters tape.
- Now using a pen trace out the quote or graphic using good pressure, same technique I always use for putting words on wood. Remove the paper and you have the outline of your quote indented in the wood.
- Now using a paint pen or acrylic paint, trace the words and fill them in.
- Once that is dry top coat it with some kind of sealant. This is optional but I like to do it to keep my words from wearing off. I used Mod Podge Spray Sealer but you can use whatever kind you prefer. Let Dry.
- Now we are gonna nail the saw tooth hanger centered towards the top on the back of our sign, so we can hang it on the wall.
- Finally the final step, hang the mug hooks. I used a large mug of mine to eyeball how far apart to put them from each other but you can just randomly stick them around if that’s what floats your boat.
- Hang your board onto the wall or side of cabinet and you are ready to display your beautiful mugs! 🙂
Don’t forget to go check out my YOUTUBE CHANNEL BURST OF SUNSHINE and Subscribe to get updates when I upload which is usually every week and occasionally twice a week!
Thank you guys for stopping by and I hope you liked this project, I love the outcome and I hope you guys make yourselves one as well.
My grandmother keeps a beautiful glass tray on her dresser to hold all of her beautiful perfume bottles! With that in mind I loved the idea and it is super cute, So I thought to myself, how can I have something like that, but for super cheap!
So, inspired by my grandmother…This is my easy, cheap, diy perfume/makeup/jewelry tray?!!
So step by step lets do this:
- Open Frame
- Pick scrapbook paper of choice, use picture that comes in frame to trace out onto the scrapbook paper
- Cut out this shape, mines an oval
- Put it in the frame scrapbook side showing in the front of the frame
- Close the frame back up
Easiest project EVER!!
As always guys don’t forget to head over to my Youtube channel Burst of Sunshine and check out my videos! Give me a big thumbs up on my video if you like this super simple project and subscribe so you can know first thing when I upload new videos!!
Thank you guys for stopping by, I hope you enjoy my blog and my Youtube! See ya’ll later tater!
It’s party time!!! Actually to be technical a party is not the only time for a Pinata!! This Pinata in-particular I am going to be using for a Gender Reveal for my cousin, however you can make a pinata just for decoration. I know this sounds a little crazy, but after I made this Pinata I hung it on my wall to keep it safe from all my fur-babies until the day came where I needed to take it to the gender reveal. It looked totally cute as a wall decoration, especially maybe for a teenager or kids room. Adds some color and something a little different that you don’t typically see as room decor. So whether it is for a party or decor, this tutorial will work for you!
*P.S. I know I made a new years resolution to spend more time working with the blog and writing more in depth posts but guess what, like most new years resolutions, I did not stick to it. However I am going to try, for real this time….well, I’m going to TRY to try! 😀 So I decided to do a more in depth blog post for this and not JUST a video showing you exactly how I done it. Some people prefer picture instructions and some people prefer video instructions so I’m trying to give you both options even though it is more work, you’re worth it 😉 *
Cutting and taping the streamer does take a little time but its one of those little tasks where you can turn on Netflix or a Movie and just go to town as you watch your shows! It’s pretty repetitive so its perfect for getting done while you catch up on your DVR like I do!
So, LETS DO THIS!
Things you will need:
- Streamer in colors of choice
- Cereal boxes/cardboard
- Scotch Tape
- Twine or String (to hang it)
- Exacto knife (to cut the hole to insert candy or confetti)
- Pencil or Pen
I know I do have regular tissue paper pictured, which you can use…but I ended up using rolls of streamer! Whichever you prefer will work. Alright that is all you need, let’s get on to this tutorial shall we?! By the time we are doing you are going to be wondering why you hadn’t been making your own cute customizable personal pinatas for years!
- First pick your shape. I am going with a heart. I found a standard heart shape online and printed it out the size I wanted it. That is your first step. Print your outline!
- Next I “broke down” my cereal boxes. Id say you understand what I mean by “broke down” but for those not familiar with retail work, you are just finding the seams of the boxes and pulling apart til it is one flat piece. I use cereal boxes because despite how it may seem these are sturdy pinata’s, I once used full on thick cardboard from a cardboard box and the adults could not even bust the Pinata!! So I went with flimsy cardboard and little tape.
- Now I am going to take my flat boxes, lay out my template on it for the overall shape I am wanting, and going to cut it out. I am going to start with front and back of my pinata, so I cut my large heart out of cardboard, and pieced together parts that weren’t big enough for the entire heart. Then I done it all over again a second time. One is the front of the pinata, and one the back.
- Now it is time to cut out the sides of my pinata. I chose to make mine about 2 & 1/2 inches wide. This is all completely depending on your shape and size of your pinata and how you want it to look. I cut out random strips of the cardboard in different lengths, as long as they were 2 & 1/2 inches wide. Then I rolled them up so they would curve easily when I go to make my shape.
- Finally it is time to assemble the Pinata. I used scotch tape and taped my side strips to my base and attached it all the way around. One my base and sides were constructed I put the top piece on, and again secured it with tape. Let me be clear, you don’t want much tape if kids are going to be hitting this. For this in-particular pinata I made I puttoo much tape. The 3 year olds hitting it wasn’t even making a dent, and the adults who eventually took over hitting it still had a time with it! While constructing the Pinata I went ahead and placed my twine in at this point that it will hang from and secured it with some sturdy black electrical tape. You don’t want the pinata falling off the string while hitting it, that’s the part you want to hold up.
- If this is a pinata for a party and not for decoration then you are at this point going to need a hole to insert your candy/confetti/filling of your choice. I just picked a small section on the top and cut out 3 sides of a square with an exacto knife. almost like a |_| and the 4th line you didn’t cut is what holds it on. That gives you a little door you can open to insert your candy. I wouldn’t overfill this too much either because you don’t want it falling apart if you made it lightweight for kids. I fill it with my candy and filling last though, so its not weighted too much while you are working with it.
- Now I took some rolls of streamers which you can buy at any dollar store for only $1 a roll and I cut off a piece, and folded it in layers to make one small piece.
- Then I took some Scissors and cut slits half way or 3 quarters of the way up the streamer and made multiple of these slits down the whole side of the streamer. Then once unfolded you have your little frilly streamer like material you need to cover the pinata. Continue to repeat this step until you have enough cut to cover the entire pinata. I cut extra into small confetti like pieces to fill mine with for the gender reveal.
- Now it is time to attach your streamer to your pinata base. I started with the sides because I want the front and back to be the main show stopper part of the pinata so I want them on top. So I just measured out a piece of my frilly streamer the width of the side of my pinata, which was 2 & 1/2 inches and I cut it to that length. Then I used that piece to cut out a bunch more, enough to cover all the sides of the pinata where I could layer them ontop of each other enough that no cardboard would show.
- Now I just used scotch tape, and taped these small strips along the side of my pinata, starting from the bottom and working my way up so it was layered nicely. I made sure there was no cardboard showing through, which means each layer will be overlapping ontop of each other. I slowly make my way around all the sides of the pinata.
- Now that the sides of your pinata are complete, its time to start on the front & back! I used the same method as before but cutting the strips in the length I needed AS I WENT! So I know they are layered and cut right. So starting at the bottom of the pinata I cut a small strip to fit the length of my starting point, which was very small because hearts are pointy at the bottom. Then I slowly worked my way up the pinata, cutting strips that were bigger and bigger, to fit the size of the cardboarded needed to be covered. Layering and overlapping streamer after streamer, securing with scotch tape until the entire front of the pinata was covered. Then I flipped it over and started on the back, and done the exact same process.
- Now your pinata is complete! All you have to do is fill it with candy or confetti (or streamer in my case) and hang it up! This was time consuming and takes patience but is not hard at all! 🙂
As always I will share my video below showing exactly how I created this Pinata so you can first hand see the process. If you’d like to keep up with my videos be sure to go subscribe to my channel and give the video a thumbs up if you like this tutorial.
If you would like to follow my social media
My Instagram is: @burstofsunshine
& my Snapchat (which I’m new to) is: burstofsun
Thank you guys again for stopping by, I hope you guys like this post and don’t forget to pin this easy tutorial to your Pinterest for future reference next time you are having a party! Love ya’ll, Later tater!
Hey my Sunny Unicorns!
Can we not all agree Unicorns are like total amazeballs?! I know that I always loved the colorfulness, and fantastic thought of unicorns. Its a mystical kind of love. Takes me back to fourth grade when I had a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper, filled with all my Lisa Frank folders and stickers with beautiful colorful pictures of mystical and exotic animals like tigers and unicorns. Ahh the memories! Nostalgic!
Anyways, now that we’ve took our walk down memory lane lets get back to our point shall we. UNICORNS! They are everywhere…Unicorns are super popular right now and I just LOVEEE Unicorns! So I thought I wanted to do something with a Unicorn twist. I seen some Unicorn makeup brushes that weren’t to expensive that inspired me, What about…a Unicorn HAIR BRUSH?! I know right, Its kinda weird and kinda awesome all in one! Although this is probably more a craft you would do for your kid or preteen, I am still a kid at heart and I can assure you, from the kid side of me, that they will LOVE IT!
Sooo, LETS DO THIS!
- Get a Glitter Hair brush (or a plain hairbrush and glitter it yourself) and some air dry clay (polymer clay would also work)
- Eyeball how much clay it will take to make the size Unicorn horn you want…is it called a horn?
- Roll out your clay into a snake that gradually gets smaller.
- Start with the thick end of the snake and start to roll/spiral up to a horn shape.
- Let dry for 2-3 days.
- Once dry paint to your liking. I painted mine white and used some metallic gold paint to add a little detail to it.
- Crazy glue the horn in place on the top of your hairbrush, let dry, and you are done!
To see first hand EXACTLY how I made this brush make sure to check out my Youtube Video below! If you enjoy it don’t forget to Subscribe to my channel and like the video!
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I will see you next week! 🙂 Later tater!
Oh…Em…Gee!! Couldn’t you just die at how cute this is!
This is a crafters dream!…well mine anyways!!!
Today I have made for you, a sparkly, a glittery, a shiny, a blingy, an ADORABLE Hot Glue Gun that is decked out so beautiful that I just cannot stand it!! Check out my video tutorial to see exactly how I decorated this glue gun to be totally show stopping!! It is still a completely functional glue gun that still works perfectly, and you will WOW all your friends at your next crafting party!!!
So check out my video how I made it! Go ahead, its super easy and will only take a few minutes to watch! 🙂
Thank you guys for checking out my blog and my Youtube channel. Don’t forget to go to my Youtube and Subscribe and hit thumbs up on this project if you like it! Later Tater!
Happy Valentines Day!!!
Have you ever just really wanted to make a batch of cookie dough with no intentions of actually baking it? That is like the story of my life! I know they scream all the time “dont eat raw batter” but honestly that has never stopped me, like EVER!!
However I decided for the people who it does stop, do not fret…you can have a delicious chocolate chip cookie dough that is completely safe to eat raw…so lets do this!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat together brown sugar, granulated sugar, and softened butter until completely combined.
- Mix in the Vanilla and salt.
- Add in flour, in 2 or 3 parts and mix until combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the milk, combine. Then the next tablespoon, and combine.
- Finally now that you have cookie dough consistency, fold in the cup of chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or freeze about 15 until cookie dough has firmed up.
- Roll out dough on wax paper and cut out hearts of cookie dough with heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Refrigerate the hearts again to make sure they are very firm when dipping.
- Melt milk chocolate in a bowl.
- Dip the cookie dough hearts into the milk chocolate half way down, then place on a rack to let the chocolate harden.
These are super easy, cute, and DELICIOUS! You wait and see!!!!!
Check out my Youtube Video on how I made these delicious cookie dough hearts, subscribe to my channel, and if you like it make sure to hit the like button on it 🙂
Thank you guys for stopping by this Valentine’s Day! I hope you enjoyed this delicious edible cookie dough recipe and these awesome Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Hearts! Later Taters!
Today we are making, if you haven’t figured it out by now, one of my favorite foods! PIZZA! I am a huge Pizza lover and I especially love some nice home made pizza that you can customize the toppings however you love em! As for me I love a crap ton of pepperoni (excuse my language)! So I thought since I made a Christmas themed Pizza back in December I would most definitely have to make a Valentines Day one as well. And you don’t even need a valentine to enjoy this delicious love filled Pizza!
So, Lets do this!
Step 1: Prepare your dough (according to dough packaging) and set it to the side
Step 2: Cut out pepperoni’s into small hearts with a small heart shaped cookie cutter
Step 3: Line Pizza Pan with foil & Spray with cooking spray
Step 4: Flatten out Pizza Dough to a heart shape
Step 5: Top with Sauce, Cheese and toppings of choice
Step 6: Top with another coat of cheese to give it a clean slate
Step 7: Decorate with Heart Pepperonis
Step 8: Bake according to Pizza Dough instructions
Thank you guys for stopping by, I hope you like this! Don’t forget to check out my Youtube video showing exactly how I made this awesome Heart shaped LOVEEEE Pizza! While you are there, subscribe and give it a thumbs up!
See Ya’ll next week! Later Tater!