I just wanted to update you guys, as you all know by now my blog isn’t exactly in the most productive state it can be in. I have been slacking off when it comes to blogging and updating my blog. It lacks in TLC so I am going to try and be better about it, so over the next couple weeks I am going to slowly work on updating the pages and the overall productivity aspect of my blog and how I share things. I apologize that I have been a slacker, but don’t leave me just yet. Hopefully you will be seeing a few subtle changes over the next period of time as I slowly overhaul certain parts of the blog! Again Thank you guys for stopping by, don’t forget to Check out my Youtube Channel Burst of Sunshine where I will still be uploading regularly.
P.S. This construction and updating of my blog will not affect the weekly blog post that is posted, it will just be affecting the actual pages on my blog. There will still be updated blog posts throughout the next few weeks so stay tuned for those!
Hey sunshine! It is time for Christmas decorations near and far! This is my very first Christmas post and I am pretty excited about it! So for my first Christmas video I am doing a Christmas Drip cake…it has its flaws, but I still loveeeeee it!
So as always check out my video, like, subscribe and I will see you guys next week!
Woohoo! It can official be considered holiday season! Thanksgiving is less than a week away and no one is more excited then THIS GIRL! I LOVEE Thanksgiving (AND CHRISTMAS). However I thought I would switch it up with desserts this Thanksgiving and experiment with something alittle different. Every year around the Holidays me, my sister, and my grandmother get together and make all kinds of candy-including Pumpkin Roll. So I decided to try and do a twist on the traditional Pumpkin Roll and try to deconstruct it in a cute way!
I have made these cute Pumpkin Shaped Pumpkin Roll Sandwiches! They are delicious, and taste just like Pumpkin Rolls but they are sooo cute and simple to make. While not trying to be wasteful I took the scraps of cake left over from the actual roll batter that I cut out and crumbled it to make some delicious little Pumpkin Roll bites of goodness!
So Today this is not only one recipe-but two! So as always you can watch the video I have provided for you from my Youtube Channel ‘Burst of Sunshine’ or you can find the recipe below!
Pumpkin Roll Sandwiches & Cake Pops
This is a delicious new twist on your average pumpkin roll! This recipe makes 6 Sandwiches and 10 Cake pops!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- One 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Then mix in pumpkin and lemon juice.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredient mixture and mix until fully incorporated and to a cake batter consistency.
- Grease a 15 inch baking pan with some cooking spray, cover with wax paper, spray it again with spray, and dust a light layer of flour.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While cake is baking prepare for the next step by laying out some aluminum foil, and then some wax paper.
- Sift powdered sugar onto surface.
- Once cake comes out of oven, while it is still hot flip it onto the powdered sugar.
- Sift a layer of powdered sugar on top of the cake, cover with another piece of wax paper and aluminum foil and freeze.
- Once cake is completely cooled almost frozen, use a Pumpkin Shaped Cookie Cutter to cut out 12 pumpkins from the cake!
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add Vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Using a piping bag and size 1A piping tip spread filling ontop of a pumpkin that you cut out.
- Top with another pumpkin cake.
- Crumble leftover pieces and scraps of cake from cutting out the pumpkin shapes in crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in some of the filling until it gets to a thick dough consistency.
- Once it is to the consistency you like, roll it into a ball.
- Top with extra filling & crumbs for garnish. (Optional)
Burst of Sunshine http://www.burstofsunshine.com/
Hey guys, its your own personal Burst of Sunshine here! I’m here today ready to show you a new cake that I made for an adorable little Paw Patrol fan! This is a super simple buttercream cake that is perfect for a kids party at any age. Because it was buttercream and not all fondant it was a huge hit with the kids, especially since fondant is a hard sell on some people.
I did not write out a full blog post on this cake because it would be extremely long, so it would save me and you both time if you just checked out the Youtube video I made on my channel “Burst of Sunshine” to see exactly how I made this cake step by step.
So sit back, relax, and watch the magic happen!
*& by ‘magic‘ I mean: me learning how to make cakes as I go, winging it, and making mistakes… as I am not a professional nor have any training AT ALL*
Welcome back Sunshine! Today, we are veering off my normal path of making treats and cakes to do a little work with wood! For todays project I am making a deer head out of wood! A sign to be specific. This is not a hard project at all and it will get tons of raves and reviews, so lets just do this!
I do not have a picture tutorial for this cutout due to having a busy work week with Halloween and everything going on, but feel free to watch my Youtube Video which shows me making this Deer head below! If you enjoy the video, give it a like…and don’t forget to subscribe to get updates every time I upload a project or cake!
You can find the printable template below! It is pretty massive!
Thank you guys so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoy this project and don’t forget to go check out my Youtube video and Subscribe there since that is where I am primarily active! 🙂