Hey my Sunny Unicorns!
Can we not all agree Unicorns are like total amazeballs?! I know that I always loved the colorfulness, and fantastic thought of unicorns. Its a mystical kind of love. Takes me back to fourth grade when I had a Lisa Frank Trapper Keeper, filled with all my Lisa Frank folders and stickers with beautiful colorful pictures of mystical and exotic animals like tigers and unicorns. Ahh the memories! Nostalgic!
Anyways, now that we’ve took our walk down memory lane lets get back to our point shall we. UNICORNS! They are everywhere…Unicorns are super popular right now and I just LOVEEE Unicorns! So I thought I wanted to do something with a Unicorn twist. I seen some Unicorn makeup brushes that weren’t to expensive that inspired me, What about…a Unicorn HAIR BRUSH?! I know right, Its kinda weird and kinda awesome all in one! Although this is probably more a craft you would do for your kid or preteen, I am still a kid at heart and I can assure you, from the kid side of me, that they will LOVE IT!
Sooo, LETS DO THIS!
- Get a Glitter Hair brush (or a plain hairbrush and glitter it yourself) and some air dry clay (polymer clay would also work)
- Eyeball how much clay it will take to make the size Unicorn horn you want…is it called a horn?
- Roll out your clay into a snake that gradually gets smaller.
- Start with the thick end of the snake and start to roll/spiral up to a horn shape.
- Let dry for 2-3 days.
- Once dry paint to your liking. I painted mine white and used some metallic gold paint to add a little detail to it.
- Crazy glue the horn in place on the top of your hairbrush, let dry, and you are done!
To see first hand EXACTLY how I made this brush make sure to check out my Youtube Video below! If you enjoy it don’t forget to Subscribe to my channel and like the video!
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I will see you next week! 🙂 Later tater!