Hey Sunshine! Sooo I know a lot of Moms opt to home make their kids birthday cakes pretty regularly right? No?! Cant just be my mom! <3 her! I loved my home made cakes, but what do you do if you cant decide a flavor. A lot of people like chocolate, but a large amount also prefer vanilla?! What do you do??? Well I’ll tell ya, you make a half and half cake!!
Making a half and half cake is much simpler than you would think. I tried to look up ways to do this and all I could find was to bake a full chocolate and full white, cut them and piece them together. BUT that doesn’t sound ideal to me. There would be a crease in the middle of the cake, and you waste alota cake that could be ready for party-goers to enjoy. I wanted mine baked together like one you would buy! So that’s exactly what I’m going to show you how to do today!
I am gonna try to break this down as simple as I possibly can, because this is a very simple process and you will be wondering why you wasnt doing it sooner! No need to buy no fancy gadgets to seperate your cake batter or buy expensive cakes from grocery stores when this involves NO GADGETS! All you need is Cake mix, a sheet pan, and a rolled up dish towel! Yep that’s it!!!
What you will need:
2 different flavor cake mixes (in flavors of your choice of course)
Sheet Cake Pan (I think mine is 11×15 but this will work with any size pan you choose)
Dish towel (mine is a dish drying towel thing! Any dish towel or towel will do.)
Parchment Paper & Baking Spray
Lets Do This!
- First you are going to go ahead and prepare BOTH your cake mixes. You need them both to be ready to go because the pouring in the pans is a quick process so it’s best to be prepared.
- Line pan with parchment paper & baking spray to keep your cake masterpiece from sticking after it bakes.
- Roll up your dish towel and prop up one side of the pan so it is tilted onto the towel.
- Use whichever batter is thickest to pour first. In my situation that is my vanilla, chocolate almost always tends to be runnier.
- QUICKLY remove the towel from under the pan and IMMEDIATELY pour your other cake batter into the other side of the pan before the first mix has a chance to travel across the pan.
- Now your cake is ready to bake! That’s how SIMPLE it is to make a half and half sheet cake! AND you can customize it to any flavors you want. Do you boo boo!!
I hope you guys like this super easy tutorial! I mean, it doesnt get any simpler than this!!!!!
Don’t forget to watch my video on my YOUTUBE channel Burst of Sunshine to see it live in action how I made this cake! Subscribe so you can see everytime I post a new video which is usually about every week! & if you like this tutorial hop on over and hit that thumbs up button.
Thank you guys for stopping by my blog & for watching my Youtube videos! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!