Hey Sunshine!! Sad as I am to see Summer go, Fall is most definitely my favorite season of them all. However Fall doesn’t arrive until Thursday which means we have one last week of summer and I want to go out in style!! When I think of summer I think of hot days and eating ice cream! So what better way to say farewell to summer then with an Ice Cream Cake! A Strawberry Crunch Ice Cream Cake to be specific!!! Yesss, we all on board?? Lets do it!
Make Sure to Subscribe to my Youtube Channel to see future content as I upload it.
Watch here to see exactly how I made this delicious cake step by step!
- 1 box of White cake mix (+ingredients to make the cake)
- 1/2 cup of Strawberry Wafers
- 1/2 cup of Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Ice Cream
THATS ALL THE INGREDIENTS IT TAKES TO MAKE THIS WONDERFUL DELIGHTFUL DESSERT!!!!!
- First I took my Softened Ice Cream out of the container and spread it in a small loaf pan big enough that I would be able to cut out my Popsicle with a spatula. Make it as thick as you want the Ice Cream layer to be and smooth it out.
- Then I put the Ice Cream in the freezer for about 1 & 1/2 Hours so It can harden and become solid.
- While my Ice Cream is freezing, I baked my White cake mix in a 8×8 square cake pan. After it is done baking I let it cool COMPLETELY. I actually even put it in the fridge to cool it down a little quicker.
- While the cake is cooling and the ice cream is freezing I went ahead and started making my crumb mixture. I took a cup of each cookie but I didn’t even use half of what I made so I definitely would cut this portion down at least into half. So take a half cup of Sugar Cookies and half cup of Strawberry wafers and grind them up in a food processor. (If you don’t have a food processor, put them in a plastic bag and crush them up). Then I combined them in a bowl together. (Don’t over process these til they are dust, you want them to still be crunchy – hence the Strawberry CRUNCH Cake.)
- Now that my cake is cooled I cut it in half (So I can sandwich my ice cream into the two pieces of cake).
- Then I took a knife and cut out the shape of a Popsicle in the two cake layers.
- Now I take what will be the very bottom of the cake, spread a thin layer of icing on it and coat it with the crumb mixture I made. Then I flip it over onto the plate I plan to leave the cake on.
- Next I use the other layer and lay it on my hardened ice cream, using a knife I trace out my Popsicle shape into the ice Cream.
- Remove the cake you traced off the ice cream and cut out your Popsicle shaped ice cream layer. Place it on the bottom piece of cake you iced, then sandwich the top piece of cake on top of the ice cream.
- Then I put the cake back in the freezer to re-harden a little bit (the ice cream will probably have softened a little by now)
- Now that the cake has hardened a little more I ice the entire cake with frosting and then completely coated it with the crumb mixture.
- Final step is adding a Popsicle stick to give your Popsicle a complete look! You are completely done!!!
Thank you guys for stopping by, I hope you enjoy this DELICIOUS Ice Cream Cake!! Make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel! Come back soon!