Hey Sunshine! This week I have a special surprise for you, Reese’s Donuts!!! I have been seeing pictures of Krispy Kreme’s Reese’s Donuts all over the internet lately, and they are out now exclusively in Australia?!?!??! Soooo I decided hey, I want some of that Reese’s Donut Deliciousness! With no upcoming plans of making a trip to Australia just to get a donut, I decided to take this upon myself and make some!!! Now I have scoured the internet in hopes to find a recipe for these glorious little devils, to no success. Seeing as how I haven’t had this doughnut, and cannot find a recipe for it anywhere-I’m just winging it and making my own version of it in my own way. Join me shall you? Check out my video to see how I made this delicious concoction- or read on below.
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 (7gr) Envelope of Yeast
- 3 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cups of warm Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp of Shortening, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (of your choice, semi sweet/white/whatever you want for you topping, i used semisweet)
- 3/4 heavy whipping cream
- Reese’s Peanut Butter
- Reese’s Chips
- Vegetable oil (to grease bowl)
Lets do this:
We are starting with the dough because it takes HOURS to be ready for the actual donut making, so lets get this thing started we ain’t got all day!….
- Take your warm milk & add the extra 1 tsp of sugar and the packet of yeast, Stir them together and let them sit aside for about 5 minutes, you’ll smell it when its done. It will be foamy looking.
- Once this has sat aside for about 5 minutes and got foamy and smelly (lol) Go ahead and put it in your stand mixer bowl. To this add you egg, melted shortening, and melted butter. Mix until incorporated.
- Then add your dry ingredients which should be your flour, sugar, and salt. Use the dough hook attachment and mix on low until incorporated, then you are gonna put it on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until dough is no longer really sticky.
- Grease a bowl with vegetable oil and put your dough in it. Flip it and make sure the dough is completely covered in the oil so when it rises it doesn’t get crusty. Cover it in cling wrap and sit aside somewhere for about 2 & 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Now your dough should have doubled in size, we are going to roll it out (on flour because it will be sticky) and use a circle cookie cutter to cut out the donuts. My cutter was about 3 inches. This will make about 7 or 8 donuts. Cover them again with plastic wrap and set aside to rise again for about 30 minutes. *I used the left over scraps to make little donut bites for me to snack on 😉 *
- Once the donuts have risen again, go ahead and fry them babies up. I only done two at a time so the oil would stay hot. I just used a pot of hot vegetable oil and let them fry on each side about a minute. Flip them over and fry on the other side. Once they get golden brown remove them from the oil and put them on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the grease. Repeat for all your donuts *and donut bites you may have made*
- While these are cooling down I started making the ganache for the top. This chocolate deliciousness is the simplest part of this entire recipe (and the tastiest). So all you are gonna do is take the heavy cream and put it in a saucepan and bring to a slight boil. Once it comes to a slight boil I pour it into a bowl with the chocolate chips in it. I let it sit in it for a few minutes to really soften and melt the chocolate.
- While my chocolate and heavy cream is sitting aside I fill the donuts with you guessed it, Peanut Butter. So I took some Skewers and inserted them into the side of the donut and hollowed it out so there is a pocket for the peanut butter. Then I put my peanut butter in a piping bag along with a piping tip and piped it into the hole I made in the side of the donut with the skewer.
- After filling all my donuts I whisked my Chocolate Chip Heavy Cream mixture til it was well blended.
- Then I dipped the tops of the donuts down into the chocolate ganache topping.
- Finally I topped it off with some Reeses Chips and drizzled some of the ganache on top of that.
- Your donut is complete, time to enjoy!
Thank you guys for stopping by checking out how I tried my hand at my own Reeses donuts!! Go Check out the video on Youtube and subscribe to my Channel for future recipes, cakes, crafts, and whatever else sparks my fancy! Thanks guys and check back soon!